Since there are no special separate versions of Archiver.FS, there is only one package with a free or trial license that you need to download a copy of and then to install. This one installation will cover all 64bit Windows versions since Windows 2003 and onward. MLtek does not produce a 32bit version of Archiver.FS.
Prior to install
Before the user installs Archiver.FS it is important to take a few minutes to ensure that you have installed all of the prerequisites, especially SQL Express as well as all updates. Please take a few more minutes to have a read through of the Quick Setup Guide before you install Archiver.FS.
If you need any help in setting up Archiver.FS then please fill free to contact us. Even if you are planning on using only the free version we will still be happy to help assist you in getting up and running.
Requirements- Archiver.FS requires these components.
- Please use a few minutes to read the Quick Setup guide before installing Archiver.FS
- Essential – SQL Express 2008R2 or later
- Essential – .Net Framework 4.0 – please make sure all pending Windows updates have been applied
- Crystal Reports .Net Runtime if you want to use the reporting function (download the 64bit version here)
Upgrading\Updating from a previous version
The update process for Archiver.FS is quite straight forward…
- Make certain there are no archive or maintenance jobs running
- Uninstall any old version by answering ‘Yes’ when you are asked if you want to keep the configuration database
- It is best to reboot the machine but this also is not essential if you can’t
- Install the newest version. All of your previous configuration will be taken up and all processes will also continue as before
Other Download Locations
Archiver.FS is listed on several download sites and there is also a choice of mirror sites that it also can be downloaded from. This website recommends Download.com as they normally are the site with the most up to date downloads out of all the mirror sites.